Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Welcome!

WELCOME to my blog!!!  I am very happy and excited to be here, doing this...I am even more psyched that someone is actually reading it!  :-)  It doesn't matter who you are, what you look like, how old you are, where you live, how much money you have, or any other label/restriction you place on yourself...we ALL have worth, something to share, a unique quality that adds to the lives of others...our own light to shine.  (Cheesy, I know, but true!)  My "old self" would have been reluctant to speak up at a gathering, because I would think something like, "Who cares about my stories or point of view?  They are only meaningful to me."  Now look at what I am doing here!  HA!  On the flip-side of it, my old self also may have looked at someone, thinking I had them "figured out," and assumed that they couldn't possibly have anything to talk about that would apply to my life or resonate with me.  WRONG!  My new philosophy is to talk to anyone and everyone.  Human interactions enrich our lives greatly.  If nothing else, they bring that wonderful feeling of validation.  "Hi, you matter, and I matter."  Even if only for a moment it feels like the world cares and all is well in it.  Give it a try.  Walk down the street, smile, make eye contact.  "Go ahead, make my day!"

The purpose of this blog is to help you embrace your life...flaws and all...and make the best of it!  A little positivity goes a long way.  It starts with you, and it's contagious!

No comments:

Post a Comment