Wednesday, May 30, 2012

You Are Not Alone

Once again...I have spent a little time away from blogging...  It was needed.  Unfortunately I have not been feeling that great, and I am trying to listen to my body and reign back in the things that I can.  (I am sure that swallowing glass - don't ask me from where - last night didn't help!  LOL!)  Though it is late, and I should be sleeping, I am moved to post tonight.  Not just for myself, but hopefully for others out there.  Tonight I listened to someone talking about a time of great suffering in their life.  They were battling cancer, and they were completely alone.  Every time someone suggested, "Well, what about a friend, or this person, or that person?"  They simply kept shaking their head and saying, "NO!  I had no one.  I had decisions to make, and appointments to go to...  I did it all by myself."  Then some of us asked if people were even aware of what she was going to.  She stopped...thought for a moment...she wasn't sure, or she guessed not.  Then I tried to delicately explain that sometimes we restrict ourselves from receiving support.  Sometimes we just need to take down our walls and reach out for it.  I know it is easier said than done...especially if you are a very private or introverted person, but the fact of the matter is that we all need support at one time or another.  My heart broke as she recounted the pit she was in, and the fact that she had no one to lean on.  She didn't even feel that God was there.  I just couldn't wrap my mind around it.  How does someone come into this world and at some point end up with no one?!  Unfortunately it does happen.

I came home and immediately checked on my son in bed and gave him a kiss.  Then I hugged my husband and told him how very much I appreciate all of his love and support.  For all of the differences we have with people in our lives, the annoyances, the ups and downs, THEY ARE THERE!  With all that I have been through this year, my mind can't even go to a place where I come home to an empty house, or I couldn't even come up with a person to call on the phone.  Even on the nights I am sitting up "alone," I know that if something unbearable were to happen, there is someone right next to me (or in the other room if he's snoring!  LOL!) who would jump up, care for me, and make sure I got the help I needed.

I guess this post is my plea to YOU.  PLEASE pray for those in the world who truly have no one.  No one to shoulder the burden with, and no one to share the joys with.  Then I would ask you to open yourself up to being a "someone" for someone like that.  Just check in on them periodically, offer to take them somewhere, let them know that someone is thinking about them and cares.  (I remember sitting at a table of "senior citizens" braiding palms for Palm Sunday, and they were talking about how many of their friends were discovered passed away only because their newspapers had built up outside their door - how sad!)  I know, I know...our lives are so busy, and other excuses...  Be thankful that your life is filled with things to do and people to see!  I am not sure there is anything more sad than feeling lonely.  Do your part to absorb the loneliness factor in this world.  Let's sop it up until it's all gone!  Oh, and if you ever find yourself with no one, PLEASE reach out into the world around you, because I guarantee someone cares and wants to be there for YOU!  Tonight I am sending lots of love out to everyone who needs someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment